Senior Software Engineer (Backend) (m/w)
Location: Nürnberg or München, Germany; Full time; Open-ended
Come join our growing Digital Team on a journey full of new technologies and learning. Help shape the next wave of digital products and services in a company that has an appealing brand and over 50 years of history. Our focus is all about building stuff and less on politics, barriers, and titles. We are a small passionate team with all the benefits of a larger organization.
What We’re Looking For
- You take pride in designing simple solutions to complex problems.
- You write beautiful code, complimented with robust tests and useful documentation.
- You are an energy multiplier, injecting enthusiasm and learnings in every team interaction.
- You aren’t shy about searching for key contacts outside your own area of expertise.
- You are an absolute believer in industry standards, best practices, architecture and design patterns.
- You know how to take a stack from zero to production-ready, and think end to end about your product and delivery.
- You know how to setup and maintain your deployment environment.
- You take a look at the systems health first thing in the morning.
- You are programming-language and technology agnostic.
- You cannot stand being in a comfort-zone.
- 5+ years of backend Web software development experience.
- 3+ years experience with PHP up to version 7 and frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, or others, relational databases, message queues, testing frameworks (PHPUnit, PHPSpec etc.)
- 2+ years experience coding against RESTful APIs or service oriented middle tiers.
- Solid experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery.
- Strong experience with git and SVN.
- Strong experience with Application and Infrastructure Monitoring.
- Strong experience with Cloud hosting platform e.g. AWS, Azure or others.
- Strong experience with Web development processes.
- Preferably, you speak also German.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on platforms with millions of visits.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Real training and conferences.
- Company sponsored language courses.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- State of the art equipment.
- Location: Nürnberg or München, Germany
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf mittelfrankenjobs.de - vielen Dank!